If you’re looking for a classic, feel good, Friday night pizza recipe, look no further! This is a family recipe that I just can’t get away from because it’s so good!!
Raise your hand if you’re totally and completely obsessed with pizza! I confess, if we don’t find a way to have pizza at least once a week, sadness creeps in. For as long as I can remember, this recipe has been my family’s classic go to, and even after I got married I’ve continued making it. Chances are if you’ve eaten dinner at our house, you’ve been served this pizza at one time or another – it’s my all time favorite recipe and to be honest, I haven’t quite been ready to share it with you until now! 🙂
Today’s a special day! One, because I’m finally sharing my not so secret family pizza recipe with you and two, because you have the chance to win a trip to explore Italy!! Mezzetta is sponsoring today’s post and I’m completely obsessed with their new pizza sauce made from fresh San Marzano plum tomatoes. It’s such a light and simple sauce, but so rich and real tasting.
Kev and I went to Italy last year as part of a whirlwind tour of Europe and it was one of my favorite vacations to date! The food was so incredibly fresh everywhere and I would have loved the opportunity to visit the farms and local spots where the ingredients where sourced from. The Explore Italy tour that Mezzetta is giving away is going to give you a chance to do just that!
If you win, you’ll get:
- Round trip coach airfare for 2
- 11 day guided tour of iconic Italy
- Hotel accommodations
- Hands-on cooking class including meal
- Tour of a tomato farm in San Marzano
- And more!
You’ll have the opportunity to visit Puglia as well as the Neopolitan Riviera. Let’s all enter together!!
I’m drooling looking at this pizza which says a lot, since we eat it at least every other week. It took all of my will power to freeze it for lunches, but now I have a quick and easy meal when I don’t feel like cooking! Tomorrow’s Friday, which means it’s a pizza day. Can’t wait to hear about your Italian pizza adventures!Print
Best Ever Supreme Pizza
- Total Time: 35 mins
- Yield: 4-6 1x
- 1 batchhomemade pizza dough
- 1/2 jarMezzetta Pizza Sauce
- 1 lb mild italian sausage
- 3.5oz pepperoni slices
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 1 small green pepper, diced
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 2 cups shredded monterey jack cheese
- Cook italian sausage in a large skillet over medium high heat until cooked through.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Press dough onto greased pizza pan or roll out into a large rectangle on parchment paper.
- Top with Mezzetta Pizza Sauce then layer with pepperoni, sausage, onion, green pepper, mushrooms, and cheese.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until edges are brown and cheese is bubbly.
- Prep Time: 20 mins
- Cook Time: 15 mins
Other Pizza Recipes You’ll Love!
Caprese And Pesto Grilled Chicken Pizza