Greek Salad Pizza – everything that you love to eat in a classic greek salad, but piled high on a cheesy pizza with fresh mozza, oregano rubbed kale, and crisp peperoncini’s.
Have you ever thrown your salad on your pizza? No?? Well, have you ever even thought about doing it? I know it seems crazy, but my goodness is it tasty! A classic greek salad usually has romaine, but I substituted some kale massaged in olive oil and oregano in its place. From the bottom of the crispy crust to the very tippy top of the melted mozzarella and the bold, bright Mezzetta Peperoncini’s, it truly tastes like a salad gone wild in the form of an amazingly good pizza!
Mezzetta has so many great everyday products for everyday recipes, and I’ve been a fan of everything I’ve ever had of theirs. And yes, I just used the word “ever” 5 times in the last 30 words. Haha! Their peppers are grown on Mediterranean farms and then brined, pickled, and marinated so perfectly that they stay crisp and flavorful until the very last bite.
The recipe below is for a personal sized pizza, but if you’re cooking for more than 1 or 2, I’d double, triple, or quadruple the recipe to serve as many as needed! I love that when this pizza is cut into 4 triangles, each one has its own peperoncini. So, if you make a giant pizza, pretty please use up the whole jar and make sure everyone gets their very own tangy pepper!
I’m partnering with Mezzetta for this post and want to tell you about something super special that they’re offering you guys! They’re giving away a grand prize of 52 meal kits to one lucky winner and then 10 runners-up will receive a $50 gift card to Chef’d! Pretty cool, right?? Can you imagine having your meals for the entire YEAR already covered?
You can enter once every 24 hours, so set your calendar to check back.
- Preheat oven to 500 degrees.
- Pat dough out into 9 inch circle on parchment paper sprinkled with flour or cornmeal.
- Bake for 8 minutes.
- While dough is pre-baking, massage olive oil, salt, and oregano with kale in a small bowl.
- Remove crust from oven and spread with pizza sauce, then layer with red onion, tomatoes, peperoncini’s, and fresh mozzarella cheese.
- Bake for 8 more minutes until cheese is melted and sides are crispy.
- Sprinkle with parmesan or pecorino romano, slice and eat!