My family has been making a variation of this Homemade Pizza Dough for years, and I’ll never use another one!
Homemade pizza happens for us 3-4 times a month. Sometimes it’s a planned meal with our go-to toppings and sometimes it’s a spur of the moment, what can we find in the fridge to throw on top sort of thing. Whatever toppings end up happening, they always are put on this same homemade pizza dough recipe.
This recipe is very similar to the recipe we used every Friday growing up and it’s never once failed me. Sometimes I’ll make the dough in 5 minutes, spread it out on the pan, plop my meat/cheese/veggies on top and throw it in the oven to bake immediately. That gives me a crisper, thinner crust. When I want a softer, thicker crust, I let it rise for about an hour, which is something you can either do in the bowl or you can spread it out on your pan and let it rise there.
I’m hoping to share lots of my favorite pizza recipes with you in the future, so rather than type out the crust recipe every time, I wanted to leave it here for you so you can find it whenever pizza is calling your name! Trust me, this is your go-to dough.Print
Homemade Pizza Dough
- Total Time: 15 mins
- Yield: 1 large pizza 1x
Homemade Pizza Dough. Easy to make and ready to bake in 20 minutes or less!
- 1 cup warm water
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- 2 1/4 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 3 tablespoons olive oil (affiliate)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 1/2–3 cups flour
- In mixing bowl, pour in 1 cup water as warm as you can get it from the tap.
- Sprinkle sugar and yeast over top of water and mix to dissolve sugar.
- Add olive oil and salt. Mix.
- Add 2 1/2 cups flour to your dough and mix with wooden spoon until dough comes together.
- Sprinkle remaining 1/2 cup flour onto a cutting board and knead dough until soft and no longer sticky.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Bake crust with toppings immediately for a thinner, crispier crust or let dough rise for 1 hour then bake with toppings for a thicker, softer crust.
- Prep Time: 15 mins
Pair With These Delicious Pizza Recipes!
Caprese And Pesto Grilled Chicken Pizza
6 thoughts on “Homemade Pizza Dough”
How long for pizza to bake?
When I make a pizza, I’ll usually bake it with all the toppings on for 12-15 minutes at 425 degrees.
Comments are closed.