Only 7 ingredients in these WAY too good single serving desserts. Just like traditional Mexican Fried Ice Cream, but without the deep fry!
Sometimes it’s really hard to figure out what I want to write about on these posts. There’s lots of days where my instinct is to upload the photos, write the recipe, and then just say, “this food is amazing. make it,” and be done with it. Because do people even care? Do they even read or is it a skim, skim, look at the photos, scroll to the recipe, maybe print it out, then exit the page kind of situation? I don’t know, maybe that happens more often than not, but it shouldn’t matter to me. I should still be honest and open for that one person who might be affected, and if it doesn’t get to that one person, I’m usually writing just as much for myself as I am for you anyways!
This hardly ever happens, but Kev and I are both reading the same book right now, called The War of Art. Throughout the book, the author talks of something called “The Resistance” which is the feeling of opposition we as humans experience when we are confronted by a task that feels like it’s too much, too little, or outside of our comfort zone. It’s the pull away from doing what we know we should be doing, and it’s the little bug in our ear telling us that it’s too hard, too impossible, too weird, too crazy, too whatever it may be.
“Rule of thumb: The more important a call or action is to our soul’s evolution, the more Resistance we will feel toward pursuing it.” – Steven Pressfield
So, I feel the Resistance today, but like I have so many times in the last few years, I’m finding a way to push through. To write even when I don’t feel like it, even when I wonder if anyone’s listening, and even when I’m not sure why it matters. Because it DOES matter!
The good news for all of is that ice cream has the super power of helping you fight the resistance. ESPECIALLY Mini Mexican Fried Ice Cream without the whole frying part. Great for me because we don’t have a fryer AND who needs all that extra oil. I’m not saying these are good for you. Like, at all. But, hey! They use butter instead of oil, so that’s a plus, right? 🙂
I’ve made these 3 times now and every time I just fall more and more in love. They use such simple ingredients that you probably either already have on hand or you can pick up from the store in a jiffy. They take less than 30 minutes to put together, and it makes 24 mini desserts, so it’ll feed a big crowd and you don’t have to deal with that person who always ask for “just a tiny sliver of dessert please”. “Ohhh no no, that’s way too much – can you cut that in half for me?” With these little guys, one can be the perfect amount for the dessert bird or someone can pop 4 onto their plate if they’ve got the crazy sweet tooth like me.
You’re gonna love ‘em! Promise!
Mini Mexican Fried Ice Cream
- Total Time: 20 mins
- Yield: 24 1x
- Remove ice cream from freezer to slightly thaw while preparing other ingredients.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, melt butter, then add sugar and crushed Corn Flakes.
- Stir constantly until sugar is all dissolved and the Corn Flakes begin to toast and turn a slightly darker golden brown.
- Remove from heat and set aside.
- Prepare 24 muffin tins with cupcake liners, then spoon 1 tablespoon of corn flakes into each liner.
- In large bowl or using an electric stand mixer, combine vanilla ice cream, whipped topping, and cinnamon until completely whipped together.
- Using an ice cream or cookie scoop, scoop ice cream mixture into each liner. It will be about 1/4 cup ice cream mixture per liner.
- Top each dessert with 1 tablespoon of cornflake mixture, then drizzle honey over top.
- Freeze for at least 2 hours before enjoying.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 10 mins
Other Ice Cream Recipes You’ll Love!
No Churn Apricot Raspberry Swirl Ice Cream
Cadbury Strawberry Ice Cream Cake