Sometimes when I’m laying in bed at night I start dreaming about wacky food combinations and wonder if they would work or if they would royally flop. Kev joins in with me every now and then, which usually turns the conversation into a business venture that we’re hyped up enough to start when we wake up in the morning. 95% of the time our ideas don’t take and we move on, but we created this cadbury ice cream cake last week at a coffee shop last week and I couldn’t get it out of my mind!
Please tell me you’ve fallen head over heels with these crunchy cadburys. I’m not talking the big chocolatey eggs with the caramel center. I’m talking the kind where you pop 20 in your mouth in mere minutes without looking back. Please tell me you’ve had them. Also, please don’t try to go buy them at Target after Easter for 70% off, because I need all of them. Partly for me, but mostly for Kevin. I fully realized last year how happy these make him and so I bought 6 bags after Easter, hid them around the house, and then pulled them out when he was having a bad day! It works wonders, ladies.
Ok, so this cake/frozen dessert. The crust is a heavenly mixture of blended oreos, cadburys, and butter to keep it all together. Then, you whip some classic vanilla ice cream with a block of cream cheese and teensy tiny frozen blended strawberries and top it all with whipped topping and cadburys for cuteness! I’m saving this for dessert on Sunday, so I haven’t had an official piece, but I’ve been taste testing all the elements along the way.
Happy Easter, friends!!
Cadbury Strawberry Ice Cream Cake
- Total Time: 20 mins
- Yield: 8
- In food processor or blender, blend oreos, mini cadburys, coconut, and butter until crumbly.
- Press oreo mixture into springform pan or pie plate.
- With wooden spoon or with electric mixer, beat vanilla ice cream and softened cream cheese.
- In food processor or blender, blend frozen strawberries to get chunky bits.
- Gently stir strawberries into ice cream mixture and spread on top of oreo crust.
- Freeze for 1-2 hours then top with dollops of whipped topping, cadburys, and coconut.
- Keep frozen until ready to serve.
- Prep Time: 20 mins
Other Ice Cream Recipes You’ll Love!
No Churn Apricot Raspberry Swirl Ice Cream