No ice cream machine needed, creamy and delicious, and only takes 15 minutes to make!
I can’t even believe it’s taken me 25 years of life to jump into the world of no-churn ice cream. I think I was skeptical that it could taste even remotely like the “real thing”. I was so wrong. It totally is the real thing. I’ve been pestering Mr. Kevin for months and months to let me get the ice cream maker attachment for my Kitchen-Aid and it hasn’t been working, so I decided to remedy my angst by trying out the no-churn approach. Wow was I impressed!!
How amazing is it that you can buy 2 ingredients (heavy whipping cream and sweetened condensed milk) and make your favorite ice cream creation in less than 10 minutes? My world has been altered. If you know anything about me, you’ll know my favorite food is ice cream. It’s bad. When we go to any festival or baseball game or fair or anything that has the remotest chance of having ice cream, you better bet I’m gonna find it. Sweet tooth friends unite!
I wanted to make a fruity ice cream with seasonally fresh ingredients, so I found some beautiful apricots and raspberries at my grocery store and created this recipe around them! Honey and brown sugar seemed to be the perfect addition to my apricot compote and added a depth of sweetness that contrasts the tart raspberries.
Oh! One more thing I forgot to tell you guys! Today is probably going to be one of the best days of my life because TONIGHT we’re going to the annual Friday Night Lights tailgate party in Austin. I’m kind of obsessed and have been counting down the days for the last month. Special screening on the Dillon Panthers football field, Q & A with all the actors, music, tailgate food. I can hardly contain myself!! We’re only on season 3 so we’re not even quite halfway through with the whole series, but I’m already sad thinking about it ending. I’ll just have to make myself some more ice cream to get myself through I guess.
Happy Friday you guys!!
P:S: Check back tomorrow for the very first ever #SaturdayStories!
- In a small saucepan over high heat, bring chopped apricots and water to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium low and add brown sugar and honey. Stir and continue to simmer 8-10 minutes until fruit is mushy.
- Remove from heat and place in fridge to cool.
- In bowl of stand mixer, whip heavy cream about 3 minutes, until stiff peaks starts to form.
- In large bowl, mix together sweetened condensed milk and vanilla.
- Gently fold heavy cream into condensed milk. Continue to fold until smooth and silky. There will still be a few small lumps – that’s okay! Don’t over-mix.
- Pour half of cream mixture into freezer safe dish then top with smashed raspberries and apricot glaze. Top with remaining cream mixture and gently stir to swirl fruit through ice cream.
- Freeze for at least 5 hours before serving.
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 10 mins