Pressure Cooker Creamy Kale Pasta is dairy free and made silky and delicious using blended cashews!
Today’s mean, green, super fast, super healthy lemony kale pasta marks the halfway point in our month of vegetarian pressure cooker recipes! I can’t believe we’re coming to the end of January already. I’m not sure where the time has gone but I’m getting excited for warmer weather and longer sunny days!
I’ve had some questions this month about why we’re not eating meat right now and if this is a long term thing or if it’s just a little blip. Well, to clarify, we ARE eating meat, but I’m not cooking it much, if at all. For now, we eat everything that I blog, as most food bloggers do. There are times when I’ve had to test too many recipes for us to eat that week, so in that case I freeze meals or we have people over to help us out! That’s my personal favorite way to get rid of things 🙂
This pasta is one I’ve been wanting to make for awhile. It uses cashews to create a creamy sauce and ever since getting my new blender at the beginning of this month, I’ve been blending anything and everything I can get my hands on! You will need a semi-high powered blender to get the sauce really creamy, but I think that most store-bought blenders should be able to get the job done, even if it takes a few minutes of continuous blending.
If you’ve made mac and cheese in your instant pot, this pasta is a similar method of cooking. You don’t drain any liquid out of the pasta – instead, it all gets soaked up then your sauce is stirred in and voila! Time to eat!
Pressure Cooker Creamy Kale Pasta
- Total Time: 20 mins
- Yield: 4-6 1x
- 1 tablespoon olive oil (affiliate)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 2 cups chopped kale
- 16 ounces whole wheat pasta (I like spaghetti or penne)
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 4 cups water
- 1 cup cashews
- 1 cup water
- 2 cups chopped kale
- 1 small lemon, juiced
- In pressure cooker, sauté garlic in olive oil until starting to brown.
- Add smoked paprika and kale, continue to sauté until kale is wilted – about 2 minutes.
- Add pasta, water, and salt, lock lid, and set to high pressure for 5 minutes.
- While pasta is cooking, use a high speed blender to blend cashews, water, kale and lemon juice.
- When pasta is done cooking, do a quick release and pour cashew sauce into pressure cooker.
- Turn on sauté setting and stir until everything is warmed through.
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 15 mins
Other Pressure Cooker Pasta Recipes You’ll Love!
Pressure Cooker Penne Pasta With Sausage
Pressure Cooker Cream Cheese Pasta
Pressure Cooker Simple Pasta Bolognese