A healthy version of sweet potato skins with greek yogurt, turkey bacon, and green onions.
Yep, that happened today. I’m a little concerned about my other clean dishes that were in the dishwasher at the time. Can I rewash them or are they contaminated with burnt plastic fumes?? Anybody an expert on this? I hope not cause that means you’ve had the same experience, but for my sake I hope you’ve had this happen so you can help me!!
I’m gonna just push this little incident out of my mind (until the next time I run the dishwasher and have to smell the remnants of the melted plastic). Moving on to bigger and better things. Things like finishing Season 1 of Friday Night Lights or that time Rory got arrested in Gilmore Girls. Things like finally getting Snapchat (follow me @kitschencat) and snapping pics of yummy sushi bowls and the goofy cats that always have to be in the kitchen anytime I am. Things like a week of morning thunderstorms and beautifully sunny afternoons 🙂 All of those things.
Oh! And also, things like these Spinach Artichoke Twice Baked Sweet Potato Skins!! Especially things like these.
I used my pressure cooker to cook my sweet potatoes and they turned out wonderfully as always! They only take 20-25 minutes in the pressure cooker depending on size of the potato and the best part of the situation for me is that I don’t have to have my oven turned on that whole time. This is especially awesome as it seems to be getting just a teensy bit hotter every day and will be 195 degrees before I know it!!
The recipe below is written for those of you who are pressure cooker lovers, but if you want to go the oven route, you can bake your whole sweet potatoes in the oven at 400 degrees for 45-60 minutes. **Don’t forget to pierce them all over with a fork!!
Underneath the layer of cheese is a world of amazingness. Spinach, chopped artichokes, a sweet potato mash with greek yogurt, green onions, and turkey bacon. If you buy the biggest sweet potatoes you can find (like I did), you can definitely make these into a full meal. No sides necessary.
Spinach Artichoke Sweet Potato Skins
- Total Time: 40 mins
- Yield: 4
- 2 large sweet potatoes
- 1 cup water
- 8 slices bacon (turkey or pork), chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil (affiliate)
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 cups chopped spinach
- 1/2 cup chopped artichokes (I used frozen grilled artichokes)
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup plain greek yogurt
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup shredded monterey jack cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- Poke sweet potatoes with a fork and place in pressure cooker on top of trivet.
- Pour water into pressure cooker and place lid on top.
- Set to high pressure for 22 minutes and do a quick release when the time is up.
- While potatoes are cooking, fry bacon in large skillet until crisp then set aside.
- Add olive oil to skillet and add minced shallot and garlic. Cook on medium heat for 2 minutes.
- Add in chopped spinach and artichokes. Cook until spinach is wilted, about 5 minutes.
- When sweet potatoes are done cooking, cut in half lengthwise and scoop out center flesh.
- In small mixing bowl, combine sweet potato flesh, sour cream, greek yogurt, half of cooked bacon bits and spices. Mash and stir to combine.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees and place sweet potato skins on greased baking sheet.
- Scoop mashed sweet potato mixture back into the skins and place into oven.
- Bake for 15 minutes and then top with shredded cheese and broil for 5 minutes until cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle with remaining bacon bits and green onions.
- Prep Time: 20 mins
- Cook Time: 20 mins
Other Sweet Potato Recipes You’ll Love!
Loaded Sweet Potato Nacho Fries
Pressure Cooker Sweet Potato And Quinoa Chili
Pressure Cooker Savory Mashed Sweet Potatoes
2 thoughts on “Spinach Artichoke Sweet Potato Skins”
These look so good! You’re making me think I need a pressure cooker. 🙂
That’s my goal 😉 I’m definitely in love with mine and just have to spread the good news!!
Comments are closed.