This dish is so unbelievably good. I mean seriously, with 4 tablespoons of butter, how can it not be something you dream about in your sleep? I’ve eaten gnocchi many times in the past, but before this recipe had never prepared it myself. Let me tell you, this was the first but definitely not the last time. Matter of fact, I immediately bought another package to have on hand for a quick dinner some other time. It’s officially been added to my pantry staple list and if you know what’s good for you, you’ll do the same!
Let’s talk about the dish itself. There are so many elements that you can buy completely prepared that it comes together in a matter of minutes! We start by cooking the gnocchi according to package directions, then browning our sliced mushrooms in butter. Sweet, sweet, browned butter…
Throw in your garlic, sausage, spices, then gnocchi and arugula, and you’re done! Super simple and easy easy peasy lemon squeezy.
This dish comes together so quickly and has quite the elegantly sophisticated flare for a special date night or a dinner party with friends. Your guests will NOT leave disappointed in any capacity, just trust me on this one… you’ll be the talk of the town, the belle of the ball, the p in party, the peanut butter to everyone’s jelly, the… you get the point!
Just make it.
Brown Butter Mushroom Gnocchi
- Yield: 4
- 1 package prepared gnocchi (affiliate) (1 lb)
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter (affiliate)
- 10 ounces cremini mushrooms, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup cooked sausage crumbles
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups arugula
- ¼ cup grated fresh parmesan cheese
- Cook gnocchi according to package directions. Set aside.
- In large skillet on medium high heat, melt two tablespoons butter and add mushrooms. Cook until starting to caramelize, about 3 minutes.
- Add minced garlic and remaining butter. Saute for 1 minute.
- Turn heat down to medium low and add cooked sausage crumbles and all spices. Stir to combine.
- Add gnocchi, stir to heat all the way through.
- Take skillet off of burner, toss in arugula.
- Plate and top with fresh parmesan cheese.
Other Mushroom Recipes You’ll Love!
Pressure Cooker Chicken And Mushrooms
Pressure Cooker Wild Rice & Mushroom Stuffing
Pressure Cooker Mushroom Stroganoff