From The New Camp Cookbook by Linda Ly, this One-Pan Chicken Fajita Pasta is a crowd pleaser that keeps dishes to a minimum!
Where are my washingdishesistheworstthingever crew?? I know you guys are out there! I’m president of that club and so anytime I come across a batch of recipes that uses a super minimal amount of dishware, I’m in!
Guess what else I love? Camping, road tripping, adventuring and the MEALS that come with it! Nope, I’m not talking about eating out right now, I’m talking about those meals made over the campfire grate, foil packets thrown in charcoal pits, dutch oven/cast iron types of meals. The good stuff. There’s just something about eating outdoors after a long hike or a good swim that makes food taste so much better!!
When Linda Ly from Garden Betty reached out to me to see if I would be interested in reviewing a copy of her newest cookbook, The New Camp Cookbook, I was ecstatic! There are 6 chapters in this beautiful cookbook that cover everything from setting up a camp kitchen, to middday meals, all out camp FEASTS, and those after dinner sips and sweets. All of the recipes are fresh, accessible, give you ideas for what can be prepped ahead of time, and have tips all throughout for outdoor cooking.
This recipe for a one-pan chicken fajita pasta caught my eye right away, because, well, to combine fajitas WITH pasta is a dream come true in my world. Also, did I mention that everything is made in ONE PAN? Of course that’s my cast iron skillet for me, but you can use any large skillet or dutch oven that you have on hand.
To make the one-pan chicken fajita pasta, you’ll need all of the basic ingredients for regular chicken fajitas, but sub the tortillas for penne or rotini pasta. Linda also has an amazing recipe for South-Of-The-Border Seasoning which works perfectly to flavor the chicken. I made a large batch of the seasoning right away and am so glad I did so because it will be great to have on hand for future southwestern style recipes!
Okay, how good does that pizza look?? I wish I could show you ALL of the pictures because everything is just gorgeous and SO EASY to make, but for now you’ll have to be happy with just a few 🙂 Doesn’t it make you just want to get outdoors though? We’re headed to Iceland in a few weeks and you better believe I’ll be taking some of these recipes with me!
If you’re loving the cookbook as much as I am and want to see more of it, check out my Instagram for details on how to WIN your very own copy! A huge thanks to Linda for sponsoring the giveaway and for creating such a helpful book to liven up our outdoor cooking routines.
*This post contains Amazon Affiliate linksPrint
One-Pan Chicken Fajita Pasta
- Total Time: 40 mins
- Yield: 6
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite sized pieces
- 2 tablespoons South-of-the-Border Seasoning, divided (recipe below)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil (affiliate), divided
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 medium bell peppers, cored and diced
- 1 poblano pepper, diced
- 3 cups uncooked pasta (rotini or penne)
- 2 cups chicken broth (affiliate)
- 1 15oz can diced tomatoes
- 1/3 cup sour cream or plain Greek yogurt
- Handful of cilantro leaves, chopped
- 1 large lime, cut into wedges
- 2 teaspoons chile powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin (affiliate)
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- In a small bowl, mix together all spices for South-of-the-Border Seasoning.
- In a bowl, sprinkle chicken with 1 tablespoon of the seasoning.
- Add 1 tablespoon of oil to a large oven-proof skillet over medium high heat. Add the chicken in a single layer.
- Let cook, undisturbed until browned on the bottom, about 2-3 minutes.
- Stir chicken and continue to cook until meat is no longer pink in the middle, another 2-3 minutes.
- Remove the chicken from skillet and let rest on a plate.
- Add remaining oil to skillet and cook onion and garlic until onion starts to soften – 2-3 minutes.
- Add chopped peppers and remaining 1 tablespoon of seasoning and cook until veggies are tender. 3-5 minutes.
- Transfer the veggies to the plate with the chicken.
- Add the uncooked pasta, broth, and tomatoes to your skillet and bring to a boil.
- Turn heat down to medium low and simmer until most of the liquid is absorbed and pasta is al dente. This will take about 10-12 minutes. If you need to add a little more liquid, add chicken broth or water, 1/4 cup at a time.
- Return chicken and veggies to the skillet, stir, and heat through for another 3 minutes.
- Stir in sour cream and cilantro and serve with lime!
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 30 mins
Other Chicken Recipes You’ll Love!
Pressure Cooker Chicken And Eggplant Bake
One Pot Chicken Broccoli Pasta
Crispy Lemon Thyme Chicken Thighs
2 thoughts on “One-Pan Chicken Fajita Pasta”
Thank you so much for reviewing my book! Your gorgeous photos make me want to reach into my screen and take a bite! 🙂
You’re so very welcome, Linda! The chicken fajita pasta was a huge hit and I have lots of other recipes marked to make in the near future!!
Comments are closed.