Pressure Cooker Blueberry Cornmeal Breakfast Cake uses a Jiffy cornbread mix as the base and is drizzled with honey and served in yummy wedges!
None of us eat enough cake for breakfast. It’s one of those things that we all wish was a part of our daily diet, but it just doesn’t happen as often as it should. My guess is that we’re trying to be good, self-respecting adults who happen to know that cake isn’t the best choice, but I’m not talking about all cakes… yes, maybe you shouldn’t stuff your face with day old wedding cake or your nephew’s bright blue cookie monster cake, but some cakes are in the clear.
The ones that I put on my good list for breakfast foods include some sort of hearty grain, natural sweeteners like honey or maple syrup, an extra boost of fiber and protein, and fruit! If you can manage to include all of those in a cake, you’re totally allowed to eat it for breakfast.
Believe it or not, this blueberry cornmeal breakfast cake is made completely in your pressure cooker! It takes one bowl and your springform pan and the batter puffs up beautifully when under pressure.
This recipe is one of many in my brand new ebook, “Easy Peasy: Fuss-Free Pressure Cooker Recipes for Your Pickiest Eaters.” You can pick up your own copy FOR FREE in my pressure cooker resource library.
Steaming and drizzled with honey is the perfect way to enjoy this ultra delectable breakfast treat!Print
- 1 8.5oz box Jiffy cornbread mix
- 2 tablespoons ground flax seed
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 1 egg
- ½ cup milk
- 1 cup blueberries
- 2 tablespoons honey
- Place trivet inside pressure cooker then add 1 cup of water to inner pot.
- Grease a circular baking dish that will fit inside your pressure cooker and set aside. I like to use my springform pan!
- In a medium sized mixing bowl, whisk together cornbread mix, flax, chia, egg, and milk then gently stir in blueberries.
- Pour batter into prepared baking dish then carefully lower onto trivet.
- Lock lid and set to high pressure for 35 minutes.
- When time is up, let pressure naturally release for 5 minutes then do a quick release for all remaining pressure.
- Drizzle with honey, slice into wedges, and serve!
- Cook Time: 45 mins