Pressure Cooker BBQ Pulled Chicken can be made with frozen chicken breasts and comes out completely tender in less than 20 minutes!
I have a love hate relationship with frozen chicken breasts but today we’re definitely in love. Way back when, I tried throwing them into my pressure cooker and I must have had the cook time wrong because they came out tougher than tough. I never tried again as I just thought the frozen variety must not work well with the intense high pressure style of cooking. I decided to give it a try again a few weeks ago and was floored and a little bit mad at how well they turned out! I had been missing out on cooking chicken so easily for over a year?? I struggled to even get it out of the pressure cooker because it just kept falling apart on me…. ohhhhh bother 😉 Such a terrible problem to have when it comes to making chicken and it’s SO TENDER that you can’t even get it out of the pot!
I found this recipe on Sweet Little Bluebird that I ended up tweaking slightly and adapting for the pressure cooker. I chose to leave the worcestershire sauce because, well, I forgot to add it, but if you like its unique flavoring, by all means, throw some in there!
This is one of those meals that can go from freezer to plate in less than 30 minutes, and I can almost bet you have all the sauce ingredients on hand too. If not, use the same cooking times for just the chicken and add a cup of water to make plain shredded chicken to be used for other recipes! Enchiladas, quesadillas, shredded chicken sandwiches, burrito bowls,… all would be amazing and so easy to whip up once you have the most perfect, shredded moist chicken.
Pressure Cooker Pulled BBQ Chicken
- Total Time: 30 mins
- Yield: 4-6 1x
- 2 lbs boneless skinless frozen chicken breasts
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups of your favorite bbq sauce, divided
- 1/2 cup zesty italian dressing
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar (affiliate)
- In pressure cooker, whisk together onion, 1 cup bbq suace, italian dressing, and brown sugar.
- Add frozen chicken breasts, lock lid, and set to high pressure for 12 minutes.
- When time is up, let pressure naturally release for 10 minutes, then release any remaining pressure.
- Remove chicken from pot, shred using two forks, then add remaining 1/2 cup of bbq sauce.
- Serve or freeze for later!
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 25 mins
Other Pressure Cooker Chicken Recipes You’ll Love!
Pressure Cooker Chicken And Rice Burrito Bowls
Pressure Cooker Chicken Fajitas With Charred Peppers
Pressure Cooker BBQ Chicken Tacos With Pineapple Slaw
Pressure Cooker Indian Butter Chicken