Pressure Cooker Cheesy Pizza Risotto with green pepper, mushrooms, and onion is a creamy bite of pizza perfection!
Yesterday marked a momentous occasion in this household. After thinking about it for WAY too long and going back and forth (basically making excuses), I officially left facebook. It was like breaking up with a LONG TIME boyfriend… there was that initial sting, but after I clicked the button and said peace out, all I felt was pure relief. No more mindless scrolling through negativity or trying to pick myself up off the floor from my pity party of “whyyyyy doesn’t MY life look like that??”
I kid you not, if you watched my insta story yesterday, you’ll know this is true. I had a random spotify playlist going while I was going through the process of de-activation and guess what song was playing? “I got one less problem without ya…” So true. So, so, true.
This recipe has to be my new favorite. I was debating whether or not to post, simply based on the reason that I wasn’t a fan of how the photos turned out, but does anyone really care about that anyway? One thing I’ve really been craving lately has been pizza — I think it’s because I took a pizza break once I decided to go *mostly* dairy free. I’m still eating dairy here and there, but nowhere near as much as I was having before. So, when I started experimenting with this cheesy pizza risotto, I was on cloud nine!
The flavors and texture turned out exactly how I wanted it, and the good news is that it’s highly adaptable to whatever your family likes! If you want to follow my recipe as is, great! But, also feel the freedom to include whatever your family normally likes on their pizza, and cook it right into the risotto for a more customized option. Whatever you choose to do, I think you’ll find it’s a fantastic dinner option for the whole family and also makes great leftover lunches!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 green peppers, thinly sliced
- 1 onion, diced
- 8oz sliced mushrooms
- 2 teaspoons italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- ½ cup pizza sauce
- ¾ cup arborio rice
- ¾ cup water
- ¼ cup mozzarella cheese
- ¼ cup fresh grated parmesan
- Sauté green peppers, onion, and mushrooms in olive oil in pressure cooker until mushrooms start to lose their liquid.
- Add Italian seasoning, salt, red pepper flakes and sauté for another minute until spices are fragrant.
- Stir in pizza sauce, rice, and water. Lock lid and set to high pressure for 6 minutes.
- When time is up, let pressure naturally release for 5 minutes then release all remaining pressure.
- Stir in mozzarella and parmesan cheese until melted.
7 Day Pressure Cooker Meal Plan!
Sign Up for 7 Dinners, 1 Dessert, 1 Breakfast, and a Complete Shopping List!