It’s Friday!! Happy happy Friday to you! May it be filled with getting off work early, changing into your sweatpants in .2 seconds after walking in the door, making these super fast and easy sliders, and driving around to see your city’s crazy Christmas lights! Maybe that’s not your plan for tonight, but it sounds like a prettty good December evening to me.
As you can see, these sliders only involve about 6 steps. As long as you know how to obtain all the ingredients, grease your pan, and preheat the oven, I have total confidence you can make these!
The idea came to me to combine the classic Hawaiian Ham Sliders and a Cubano Sandwich when I was browsing Pinterest last week. Kevin is a HUGE fan of Cubano’s, but I was never drawn to them because the yellow mustard scared me away. Not anymore folks – I swapped the yellow mustard out for dijon and we were off to the races!
I had some shredded pork left from a pork tenderloin and then everything else is ready to go right from the grocery store. I’m guessing you could even buy some pre-made shredded pork as well, if you’re looking to make it ultra easy.
As the season of Christmas parties and having friends over for holiday game or movie nights are approaching, this is a perfect recipe to keep in your stash for a fun appetizer. Like I mentioned before, they’ll take you 15-20 minutes from start to finish and the prep and clean-up time is virtually nothing. How can you get more user-friendly than that??
Obligatory cat picture; I had a request last week for more cat faces, which I happily took into account! Just look at those dreamy blue eyes… if we let him outside, he’d have a lady kitten friend in no time!Print
- Yield: 12 Sliders 1x
- 12 Hawaiian Rolls, sliced in half
- 12 slices of thinly sliced deli ham
- 1 ½ cups shredded pork (I used a pork tenderloin)
- 6 sandwich slice pickles, cut in half
- 12 slices gouda cheese
- ¼ cup dijon mustard (affiliate)
- ¼ cup butter (affiliate), melted
- 2 tablespoons of brown sugar (affiliate)
- sprinkling of paprika
- Grease 9 x 13 inch pan and preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place bottom half of hawaiian rolls in a 3 x 4 rectangle in the pan. Start by layering the deli ham, then shredded pork, then sandwich pickles, followed by the gouda cheese.
- Spread the top half of the buns with dijon mustard and place on top of the ham and other ingredients.
- Melt ¼ cup butter with brown sugar in a small saucepan and then brush over tops of buns. Finish by sprinkling tops with paprika.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
Other Slider Recipes You’ll Love!
Chicken Sliders With A Charred Corn And Cabbage Slaw
Everything Bagel Ham And Cheese Sliders