Last week’s CSA brought me purple potatoes. Is it weird that I fell in love and almost avoided cooking them because I didn’t want them to be gone? Food is crazy like that. We can be so in love with the aesthetic, the taste, the smell, but then we take one bite after another and it’s gone and all we can do is remember those
Potato salad is one of those side dishes that you can find anywhere from the grocery store on the corner, to your annual family reunion potluck, to the little café you frequent, all the way to a Michelin star restaurant. It’s the girl next door and the queen of France. It can be simple and down home or elevated and fancy.
Today’s potato salad is brought to you by the girl who wants to proclaim to the world that she’s in love with purple potatoes and she doesn’t care who knows! The white salad turnips, purple potatoes, red radishes, and a whole host of green herbs and onions didn’t hurt my feelings either…
If you can’t get your hand on any purple potatoes, red potatoes would be my next suggestion if you’re trying to add some extra color to your dish.
I can’t wait to see the beauty you guys create! Remember to tag us on Instagram or Facebook at Kitschen Cat!Print
- 2 lbs potatoes (purple or regular baking potatoes)
- ¾ cup salad turnips, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup red onion, minced
- 2 teaspoons fresh garlic, minced
- 2 radishes, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter , melted
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- ¼ cup green onion, thinly sliced
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cut potatoes into quarters, or approximately 1 inch cubes, whichever is smaller. Add potatoes to a large pot, cover completely with water, bring to a boil. Once water starts boiling, reduce heat to medium low, cover, and simmer for 10-15 minutes until potatoes are tender and can be pierced through with a fork. Drain potatoes, set aside.
- Whisk together red wine vinegar, dijon, olive oil, and melted butter in large bowl. Add turnips, red onion, garlic, and radishes. Stir to coat veggies.
- Add cooled potatoes to veggie mixture, stir to combine. Top with fresh dill, parsley, green onion, and salt and pepper to your liking! Stir gently. Serve!