Vanilla pound cake with fresh peaches & blueberries is a simple dessert that can be made with pantry staples and is highly customizable depending on what fruits are in season!
I don’t think there’s anything better than peach season in Texas. Granted, this is my first one, but it’s proving to be all that I dreamed it would be! The juiciness and the size of the peaches down here is amazing — I know the season will be gone in a few weeks so I’m doing all I can to eat my fill in the meantime.
Pound cake is a dessert we had pretty often at home. Usually it was the classic sliced pound cake with strawberries that had been hanging out in a sugary syrup and topped with cool whip. I’m not sure there’s a more widely loved dessert and it just screams home to me!
What I love most about this idea for a dessert is that it can be made with pantry staples, and there are a wide variety of recipes out there depending on what you have in the cupboard. Sour cream, butter, greek yogurt, oil – if you’ve got any combination of those things along with eggs, sugar, and flour, chances are you have the ingredients to make a pound cake! Then, round up your spare fruit and you’ve got a dessert. Whipped cream optional, but highly recommended 😉
Vanilla Pound Cake with Fresh Peaches & Blueberries
- Total Time: 50 mins
- Yield: 8 1x
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup sour cream or greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon vanilla (affiliate) extract
- 1/2 cup canola oil (affiliate)
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 large fresh peaches, sliced
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- *optional whipped cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and prepare loaf pan by spraying with cooking spray then coating the bottom and edges with all purpose flour. Shake excess flour out.
- In medium sized mixing bowl, whisk together eggs, sugar, sour cream, and vanilla.
- Slowly pour in oil, whisking until completely incorporated.
- Add flour, baking powder, and salt and stir just until combined. It will be lumpy – don’t over-mix!
- Pour batter into prepared loaf pan and bake for 40-50 minutes or until toothpick inserted in the center of the loaf comes out clean.
- Let cool on wire baking rack, then slice and serve with sliced peaches, blueberries and whipped cream.
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 45 mins
Other Cake Recipes You’ll Love!
Pressure Cooker Strawberry Brownie Cheesecake
Pressure Cooker Red Velvet Raspberry Molten Cake
Carrot Cake With Maple Cream Cheese Frosting