Chicken Sausage Stuffed Pitas. Dinnertime doesn’t always have to be elaborate – sometimes it just takes 6 ingredients and a couple of minutes!
Goodness gracious guys, this might be the easiest recipe I’ve published on the blog to date. It’s a little crazy around our house right now with getting ready to move, preparing to host a bachelor party of 13 guys (that’s Kev, not me 😉 ), and planning for our big September trip to Iceland! My days seem to be pulling me in a thousand directions and so quick and easy meals are a must right now. If dinner isn’t made in the pressure cooker, then it’s probably something that is less than 6 ingredients and doesn’t use more than 2 dishes. That’s just the way it needs to be!
There’s no need to be fancy for dinner all the time, but I still am a fan of eating at home and eating fresh whenever possible. So, how do you do that when you have less than 30 minutes to prep, cook, and eat?? Welllllllll, enter pre-cooked chicken sausages, a small smattering of fresh veggies, store-bought pita rounds, and a super fast tzatziki sauce! You’ll be sitting down to dinner in less than 15 minutes and I promise even the pickiest eaters will be chowing these down.
- 4 pocket pita rounds
- 4 chicken sausages, pre-cooked
- 1 large tomato, diced
- ½ small white onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons flat-leaf parsley leaves
- ½ cup plain Greek yogurt or Tzatziki Sauce
- ¼ cup seeded and diced cucumber
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup plain greek yogurt
- 1 clove garlic, finely minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon dried dill
- In a skillet over medium high heat or on the grill, sear chicken sausages until heated through, about 5 minutes.
- Let sausages rest on a cutting board for five minutes and then sliced lengthwise and in half.
- Cut pita rounds in half and stuff with sausage, tomato, onion, parsley, and a dollop of sauce.
- Eat immediately!
7 Day Pressure Cooker Meal Plan!
Sign Up for 7 Dinners, 1 Dessert, 1 Breakfast, and a Complete Shopping List!